Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl of Knitting Techniques

Super Bowls are highly overrated I think. This year I was not very interested, and it seemed to me that no how hard I rooted for the underdog (da Bears), the other team (the Colts) were going to win. I'm not a big Payton Manning fan ever since I used to watch him play for the University of Tennessee where the only thing that matched his ego was the size of the stadium. So, yesterday, during the Super bowl, there was a marathon knitting show on the DIY Channel (Do It Yourself) which was awesome!

The designed Lily Chin is a famous and wonderful knitting designer and she was featured in several shows yesterday. She has more tips up her sleeve than any quarterback. We kept switching back and forth. First a fascinating yarn over from Lily Chin and then back to the Superbowl for yet another soggy turn over. (In fact, George and I even had raspberry turnovers for dessert last night...little did we realize at the time the pun unintended.)

I love to watch knitting shows on TV and God Bless the DIY cable channel for putting on true giants in the field like Lily Chin. She knows more in her little finger than I will ever learn, and I have earned the title "advanced" knitter. I can now knit the hard stuff and Lily Chin makes the hard stuff look easy.

So, back and forth we switched, knitting to football and back again. George didn't seem to mind. We are Patriots fans.

Have a great Monday!