Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snowday!

I poked my nose of the front door today to get the mail from the mail carrier and when the sleet hit my face, I quickly shut the door and didn't open it again today. George came home early and did some shoveling until the snow blower broke. I can hear the sleety icy rain hitting the window as I type. George was cold and wet when he came in, and quickly called the hardware store for snowblower repair. They said, "See you next week." I made pork roast in the slow cooker and worked at my jewelry table most of the day. It was a quiet and safe day and sometimes that is enough.

I finished a pair of socks for my mother while we watched two more episodes of "Rome" tonight on DVD. I am really enjoying that too much...and can't wait for the next DVD to arrive.

Mom got a nice bouquet of Valentine flowers from me today. I love my big bouquet of balloons in the living room. My Valentine present from George was some beautiful red cathedral beads and an awesome new Lindstrom jewelry pliers which I am absolutely crazy about. Who needs roses when you can get a beautiful pair of flat nose pliers?

Happy Valentine's Day.