Friday, February 09, 2007

My New Heaters

We have a big house and when it is this cold getting the inside temperature just right isn't easy. Our house thermostat is wired so that the furnace is off during the day and comes on at 5. If I am home during the day, the house gets really really cold. I hate to have the furnace cranking away heating up ALL those radiators just for little ol' me. So, we bought a Bionaire heater. The thing is incredible. I use it in the den, and that room gets toasty warm in minutes. I loved it so much I had George go out and buy another one. I have them sitting side by side, and travel in the house with a heater under my arm ready to be plugged in when I need it.

Then, George found another little heater on sale for $13. It is cute. My idea was to use it at my beading studio in the kitchen. The first time I turned it on it blew a fuse. I traveled down to the fuse box in the basement, hitting my head on the overhead pipe, and figured out how to fix the fuse. I'm not very fuse-box savvy. I went back upstairs, turned off the coffee pot, and a few lamps, and turned the little heater on again. The fuse blew again. So, now I have a little heater in the kitchen that I am afraid to use. Even when I do have it working, it goes on and off endlessly, which isn't exactly what you want. I guess you get what you pay for. But I'm not ready to take that little heater back to the store yet. I've bonded with it. It is my little heater and I'm sticking to it!

Cold will do that to you.

Have a good day.