Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday morning-up up up!

Today is Saturday. I have one more week to do my new job, and then I am on the job hunt once again. Things fell apart, promises were broken, the original job offer was changed and then they gave the job to someone else from inside the company who they said didn't need training. They offered me a 20 hour work-week job, and I said no. I was utterly shocked. Not heartbroken, just shocked. All is going to be well. I am going to re-start the job search and this time I have a lot more experience. I actually enjoy job interviews which is a good thing. And I had three job offers the last time, and unfortunately, made the wrong choice about where to go to work. So,...I will forge ahead and not look back.

Saturday is a good day to do a lot of things that have been put aside this busy and terrible week. I am paying bills, writing thank you notes, mailing presents, baking a cake for a friend, shopping for crafts for Sunday school and reading a new book that I bought yesterday. I also have a new pink scarf started in a very fun 16 row pattern.

I was up and writing in my journal this morning. Flipping back through the pages, I noticed that my entry for January 12 last year was about my mother. Last year my mom was very ill and she had a long recovery time--almost the whole year. This year she is much better. I am so grateful for that, that any other bad news is tempered by the good news. Mom was able to play bridge at the senior center last week. She is 97. How's that for good news!

Have a great weekend.