Friday, January 19, 2007

All's well, and it is FRIDAY!

The ice and snow that they predicted is one degree from getting here. It is 34 degrees outside, which makes things wet, not too slick. I hate ice. One time I was getting into my car in my driveway and as I scraped off the windshield and walked around the car, I fell--twice! It is humiliating enough to be lying on your driveway flat out, but to do it twice is awful! I also fell once on the walkway going out to the street. There is drainage that runs across the sidewalk in one spot, and it ices over. One minute I was happily walking down the sidewalk with my purse and my totebag and the next I was laying flat out looking up at the blue sky. My arms were spread out like a snow angel. That time I hurt my neck and it was a year before I could raise my head up from the washing station at the hair salon without help.

Today I am going to work, to do the best I can, and to come home elated. It is good. It is Friday. The Patriots are playing on Sunday. I have the popcorn bowls ready. Go Pats!

Have a great Friday.