Saturday, January 20, 2007

A beautiful new day

My new job ended yesterday. I am not sad. They presented me with a bouquet of flowers and a card signed by everybody. I thought that was very nice of them. I also liked hearing how "gracious" I was and that not everyone would have taken this job change so gracefully.

I like to be called gracious and graceful. There are worse things to be called.

Today is a new day. I am going to rest this weekend and start the job hunt process again on Monday. As enforced changes go, this is a good change, and I look forward to finding another job. I have some ideas and I have a new commitment. I have learned things and I look at this as a learning experience and an opportunity to find a job that is manageable, fun, and healthy.

Today I get my hair done. The best part about getting my hair done is not that I look better afterward, but that I get to read fashion magazines in peace for 45 minutes while the color sets. It is fun to sit and watch all the goings on at the hair salon. People scurry around and customers gossip and I find it just a fascinating place.

George and I and Connie are going to a bead show in Marlborough this afternoon. It is a big exhibit hall kind of bead show, and there are TONS of new beads to be oohed over and a few to be bought and brought home. I took down my Ebay Store for renovation and am going to hang up a lot of new pretties in the next week. It was time to make a change, and this week I have more time to make some new jewelry to show there. I love selling on Ebay. It is the camaraderie of the place that makes it fun. Who knew that online selling would lead to so many wonderful new friends! And I mean real friends!

Tomorrow is Sunday School, hopefully a long peaceful afternoon, and THEN the Patriot's play the Colts in an exciting playoff. People in Massachusetts have seen it before, have heard it before and have felt it before. We are sophisticated when it comes to our sports teams. We are natural born cynics. It is not that we don't WANT the Patriots to win, it is just that we are not blissfully optimistic. We don't walk around in funny hats and yell "Go Pats" at the grocery store. We run our errands as if nothing is happening and then we quietly GLUE ourselves to the TV and PRAY! We are afraid of being let down so we keep our optimism safely under control and go about stoically hopeful. Tom Brady is such a great guy, so easy to like, and someone we can all be proud of. GO PATS!!

Have a great weekend!