Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving merriment

I love this time of year. Probably because I love looking at pictures of food and reading new recipes. The web is full of new recipes and pages of ideas, and the television has cooking shows that are non-stop about Thanksgiving and Holiday goodies. I love all this talk about food, probably because I love to cook, but mainly because I love to taste good things.

This Thanksgiving Day, I am not cooking. It is a departure from our norm, but one that I am happy about. We are going to visit Michelle's relatives and since there are so many of us, we are going out for dinner! Good. No dishes. Bad. No leftovers.

Frankly, in the real world, I am not that excited about leftovers. I can make a turkey anytime, and often George and I buy a small one and roast it just for ourselves. We make turkey sandwiches to take to work. Yum. Cranberries are good anytime, and it is so easy to make cranberry sauce. Lately I have been turned on to white cranberry juice by my mom, and it will be served on ice in our pretty red stemmed Fostoria glasses this year at our home.

It is an exciting day. Mike and Michelle arrive today. First stop is Barnes and Nobel for some book shopping and a cappucino.

Have a great day.