Saturday, October 01, 2005

The weekend is here with a thud

George took me out for dinner last night at a party at Jimmy's Harborside at "Boston's famous fish pier". It was wonderful food and a great view. The Prime Rib was wonderful, and we both went gaga for the smoked salmon sandwiches. It was just plain wonderful and we had a great time. We left early because I was coming down with something, and today I got it. A cold! I have a sore throat, and all plans we made for errands and shopping today are put on hold until I feel better.

It is nice to spend a day at home anyway, and I have made two necklaces to list on Ebay. I got a delivery of beads from Fire Mountain today; amethysts and lavender glass, and I'm thinking about that purple and lavender necklace I want to make.

George leaves for a week in Hawaii Sunday morning. His flight leaves at 6 a.m., so he will have to set the alarm clock for 3:00 a.m. Yeesh, that is early.

I plan on making a spaghetti and meatball supper for my friend Dave today and taking it to him. The Italian Sausage with fennel is defrosting on the counter. He just got home from the hospital and is feeling low. Maybe Italian food will help. Makes me hungry to think about it.

Have a good day.