Sunday, October 16, 2005

A busy day far away

This morning I got up at 3:00, took a 6 a.m. flight out of Boston to Chicago, had a nice Starbucks coffee and a cinnamon scone, took a shuttle plane to Minneapolis, and then the troubles began. I went to the rental counter, got my PT Cruiser, and asked the lady how to get to Hastings. I think there is a plot by whoever designs the rental car maps. They are really useless. The lady said to veer left after leaving the airport, stay left, take highway 5, which went well. Then, I didn't know what to do next. I made three wrong decisions in quick succession and a couple of u-turns. I finally realized that 55 East really meant South, and I was in Hastings in about an hour. Trouble is I don't know how to get back and my timing from the funeral service to the flight going home is going to be tight.

I will try not to worry. I had a very very good day today catching up with cousins who I havent seen in years. It is family that I hardly ever get to see. It is good to be with them, even for a sad occasion. We have a lot of stories about Aunt Lad to share and more tomorrow.

Have a great day.