Monday, October 03, 2005

I have a bad code

I have collapsed under the weight of a bad cold that hit me friday night, left me shivering with fever on Saturday night, and home with a cup of tea on Monday morning. I called mother on Sunday night, and found out she has it too, which is somewhat more scary when you are 96 years old and prone to pneumonia. I did a lot of praying last night, and George and Mike both called so I had a chance to share some of my burden of worry. When I called mom this morning, she said that she had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I finally figured out that my basis for calling the paramedics for mother is if she is unable to get out of bed. That means that she is not drinking or eating, and it is time for the experts. Otherwise, I try not to disrupt her, and just call to make sure she is ok. Other people are on call too, so she does have some help there. I just worry, and I can't help it!

Today I am rearranging all my beading supplies and putting little things in this container and that. I have two color coded boxes for semi-precious, one box for Swarovski crystals, one box for sterling earring findings, one box for not precious stones and beads, one box for sterling and gold, and one box for base metal. Then, I have my boxes for wires, tools, crimps, and the two important boxes: necklaces on currently sale, and earrings currently on sale. Taking care of these little details is just about all I'm good for today.

Aloha (is that hello or goodbye in Hawaiian?) to George in Hawaii. I hope he is having a great time there in the sunshine, and welcome back to Mike, who had an exhaustingly fun trip to San Diego to see the Everquest folks and ubah player.

It is back to my box of kleenex for me.

Have a great day!