Friday, April 08, 2005

Oh, the horrors!

Here it is, 8:40 p.m. and I am just getting to the blog. I raced to get out of the house this morning, and when I got to the office, found out that my internet access was down. Not just down, but OUT! Our provider went out of business and left us high and dry. That may not be a problem for most people, but it is a huge problem for me, since I am addicted to having the news, and all the knowledge of the web at my fingertips at all times. The word is, we may have to go next week without it. I'm in mourning.

Today Michael got the kitty afghan that I knit for Taniko and sent these pictures. It all started when I put a tassel on a bookmark for Mike when he was here, and his kitty fell in love with it. Cats love wool. His cat luxuriated, as only cats do, with that tiny piece of knitting, so I decided to make her an afghan. It is beige, it is wooly, and it is silly, with four tassels on the corners. Mike said tonight that it left her with a LOT to do. Taking care of four, rather large, tassels is not easy for a cat.

What is is that makes us love our kittys so much? Not sure. But they are infinitely interesting, charming, and unique.

Lots going on. Tomorrow I make lasagna dinner for 18 children and 20 adults at a church program. Dinner to be served by George and me at 6:15. Tomorrow morning I will be elbow deep in sausage and tomato sauce and boiling pans of hot water for lasagna noodles. The groceries are here and packed away. George has the kitchen tonight, making his famous chocolate chip cookies.

Have a great evening, and Happy Blankie, Taniko.