Thursday, April 28, 2005

Doughnuts

I had to run out of the house this morning and go to the Dunkin Donuts for the second time this week to buy doughnuts for a morning meeting. It doesn't seem fair. When I mentioned at my Weight Watcher meeting that I was the one who was assigned to bring the doughnuts, she said, "maybe you should get another job." I thought, 'maybe she doesn't know how hard good jobs are to get these days'. I don't mind getting the donuts, but I do have to concentrate and keep my mitts out of them. I had a nice bowl of Special K with strawberries this morning so I wouldn't be so tempted.

George and I went for a walk around the park tonight and figured out that it would take four walks around the park to make two miles. Weight Watchers says you should walk 10,000 steps a day. George says that is five miles. I don't know how he knows that, but he's the engineer. I don't get anywhere near five miles in a day. I think only a car hop would walk that many miles on a work day. They sell pedometers at Weight Watchers, but I am not going to buy one. I already know that I could count my steps on my fingers. Well, maybe that is an exageration, but you get the idea.

So today I will take my mile we did tonight, and this weekend I will try to work up to two miles and then, sometime later on, I will up it to three. My new Ipod should make the going more fun. Walking is the best exercise for me, and I always feel better when I get back. It is the "reframing" of the day to include the walk that is hard for me. I have so many other things I like to do, like sit.

I left the house in such a hurry this morning I completely forgot about blogging. I must have been concentrating really hard on the doughnuts. Wonder why.

See you tomorrow.