Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Nor'Easter Rolls In

All day yesterday, as we heard the weather forecast for a blizzard today, George and I thought that we could still get to church today. I studied my Sunday School teachers book, and prepared the lesson. Today is a different story. The snow is blowing sideways, and the forecast is for the heavier snow to come about noon today, and pile up to 12 inches. That isn't exactly something I want to be driving in on the highway today. So, we decided to stay home. Church is probably going to be canceled, like many others, but we haven't seen it on the list of closings yet.

I talked to my mother last night at the living center, and she sounded fine, although not exactly "with it". She is tired, and seems ready to lie down most of the time. She said she watches TV a little bit. She said she is a lot stronger, so that is very good news.

George and I are facing another postponement of the church Hearts Party, because we scheduled it on a day when someone else had dibs on the fellowship hall. So I have to straighten that mess out by email tomorrow.

Seems like a good day to go back to bed.

Have a great day!