Saturday, February 18, 2006

My New Laptop!

Wow. I can't be happier about this. For three days last week, I surfed and researched and talked and talked some more. I decided I really wanted a new laptop so I could stay connected even when I am away from home. I looked at all kinds of models, and started thinking of a low-budget one, priced about $500. Ha! It wasn't long before I was throwing around gigs with the best of them, and on Friday I called Dell for the fourth time, and ordered a new Inspiron 6000 Notebook with extra memory (1Gb), extra big hard drive (60GB), extra special screen resolution (WUXGA 1,900x1,200 native resolution), and the 3 year warrantee on everything, including damage by dropping or spilling--egads!

It is a beautiful thing and I can't wait to get it. I decided NOT to force the issue by paying extra for next day delivery, so I will not have it for my trip on Wednesday to Oklahoma, but that is ok. I was watching the ca-ching of the register, and as it was, all my extras added up to more than I thought I was going to spend. Somehow, from the barebones prices quoted on my first call to the amount I ended up with---well you wouldn't know it was the same system! I told the salesman on the phone that I had learned a lot in two days of laptop shopping, and I was spinning off the terms with the best of them by our final conversation. Then it was just a matter of spinning off the numbers on my credit card and...voila, a new, beautiful, silver and white, fast and powerful laptop computer on its way!

I can't wait. Besides all the plans I have to keep better records, maybe write a book, play some games, watch DVDs, listen to music, keep up with Ebay sales and being able to email on the road,...I just plain love the looks of this one. I also bought a pretty red quilted bag to carry it it.

Oh, this is nice! I'm excited, and it feels really good!

Have a great day!