Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The fine art of crochet

I bought a book at the hobby store called Interweave Knits CROCHET. It is an eye-opener. I'm not an experienced crocheter, but I am very interested in learning and this book sets a high bar for beautiful pieces. It is not your mother's afghan. I bought yarn called Bernat Soft Boucle (in picture) as well, to make a shawl. Since I do not need any more shawls or scarves, I am going to look into donating shawls to organizations that give them to women who are suffering from cancer. Seems like a plan. I just love to knit, and don't really have a market for all the things that I create. Selling things just doesn't seem to be the way to go, since you never get the price you need to pay for both the cost of materials and more than 20 cents an hour for your time. Giving the shawls away seems like the best thing to do.

It is an early morning for me today, so I'm signing off with big ideas for future projects.

Cheers to you all. Have a great day.