Thursday, March 10, 2005

Oh, sugar!

Some days I have a real problem with sugar, and yesterday was one of those days. I finally completely collapsed into my addiction and went out and bought a bag of spice drops, ate 7 of them, and then put the rest in the candy bowl at work. I have a jar with a wooden lid on it outside my office, and I sometimes fill it for the troops. People in offices really love sugar. I am NOT going to give in to sugar today.

I have been thinking a lot lately about nutrition or "health" bars. They are chock full of calories, usually far more than a regular candy bar. What a scam. At Weight Watchers, they sell a Two Point Bar, which is just like a candy bar, chewy and sweet. I like them. I do not buy them. They cost $5 for a box of four, and I think that a couple of girlscout cookies would have the same calories and be a lot less expensive. Besides, I do not want to give in to candy bars no matter who wraps them.

I once heard a woman at a meeting say, "If I have a mint in my pocket, that mint owns me until I eat it." I will always remember that. I was owned yesterday by 7 spice drop mints, and I will try to do better today.

Have a sweet day.