Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

George and I went to church last night and enjoyed being there. The pastor said that a important part of Holy Week is a little three-letter word with a couple of exclaimation points behind it...NAP!!

We are a little tired this morning, but...we will be fine. Thunder is waiting for her breakfast. I noticed the other day that my orchid is putting out four new sprays of buds. This is a really big deal. It will mean that this little $20 plant that I have had blooming in the window all winter will now bloom all summer as well. It is a hardy and elegant plant and I'm really glad I discovered how nice it is to have orchids in the house.

There is frost on the pumpkin (?) today...as the weather got below freezing last night. Everyone is having a jolly good laugh at the weathermen since there was no snow yesterday to speak of and they had forecast 6-12 inches of the awful stuff. So people were really ready to have a laugh at their expense and go out and enjoy the sunshine instead. It was a mini-celebration in the week.

Today is TGIF day, and I'm happy that the weekend is coming. I am planning to bake three bundt cakes tomorrow and George will make apricot oatmeal cookies and chocolate chip cookies too. I've got the recipes ready for the cakes: apricot streusal, cinnamon streusal,lemon grove, and chocolate cocoa cake. We will then go to the bakery for the rest of the coffee cakes we need to serve 150 hungry people for Easter Coffee hour. There will be lots of people there who we only see once a year, so we might as well feed them and make them happy.

Have a great day.