Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Happy Tuesday

I slept soundly all night and had a very long dream about wearing high heels and going on a big job interview for a large advertising agency in Chicago. I toured the place, met three managers, went to the art department (where they had a large in-house bar where they were running long tabs for everyone) and...when I woke up I could not believe the detail and I was really happy that it wasn't real. Whew.

Today I visit the eye surgeon to talk to him about my chronic dry eyes and the fact that drops don't really help that much. He will tell me about plugs that they put in the tear ducts (there are two in each eye) to stop the fluid from draining and which should help. I'm not sure if we will just talk, or whether he will just pop the tiny plugs in. I have heard good things about them from the lady in the optomistrist office. Most people I talk to have never heard of such a thing. We will see (no pun intended).

Tonight I have a meeting for work that doesn't start until 7 p.m. Might as well be midnight. It is a meeting to meet volunteers at a large company who might want to work for us. I will go to Weight Watchers at 6 and I'm pretty sure that I didn't lose even an ounce this week. In fact, I probably gained a little. Some weeks are like that. As long as I'm going in the general direction of "down" on the scale I'm ok with it. I don't lose weight every week. Patience is key and the most important thing for me is DO NOT QUIT! The goal is to feel better in shorts this summer and I'm working on it.

The cleaners are coming today and it is a hopeless cause. George and I skurried around this morning putting things away, so...it is what it is. Perfection it is not.

Busy day ahead. Have a good one.