Friday, March 18, 2005

Michael comes today!

Michael's plane arrives at 1 p.m. George is going to work this morning, and I will pick him up there and we will go to the airport together. We are all ready. The heat has been turned on in the guest room, the sheets are changed and we've left the light on for him.

Last night we were still at the grocery store at 8:30 p.m. I had my hair done, and we went out for a quick dinner at the local deli. It was a long day. The grocery store was almost empty and I think we got one of the last five corned beefs to cook on Sunday. I also bought a roast chicken, beautiful huge artichokes (always a sign that spring is here) and fresh vegetables for salads along with the popcorn and ice cream. Yesterday I went to the Swedish bakery for seven-grain bread, white bread, a Boston Creme Pie, and hot-crossed buns. (The girl forgot to put the darn buns in the bag, so we have to stop by there today.) I plan to make at least two nice dinners while he is here. Saturday night, we are attending George's company party at the Museum of Fine Arts and Michael will be left alone, but we are getting a taco casserole out of the freezer and we have sandwich makings too. Actually, I bet Michael will enjoy the solitude for a little while.

I bought some pink sparkly earrings on Ebay to go with my pink outfit and they have not arrived, so I may not get to wear them that evening. Bummer.

I have the day off today and I'm happy about that. And Mike and George and I are going to Atasca for a late lunch, a really nice Portugese restaurant that has yummy soups and fresh fish and squid. If we change our minds, we can go to Koreana, for Japanese /Korean food and guess what...my fave, Bi Bim Bap.

Have a great day. See you soon, Mike!