Saturday, March 19, 2005

Michael's here--Hooray!

We are having a great time. After picking him up at the airport we went to Koreana and all three of us had the very hot pot of Bi Bim Bap. Delicious. We also shared a spicy tuna roll and two dishes of ginger and green tea ice cream. Going to the bakery to pick up the six hot cross buns resulted in a rather long circuitous route through Cambridge traffic and a longer "sight-seeing" trip than we planned. Michael said "what ARE hot cross buns, anyway." He found out later and liked them very much. Filled with currants and candied fruit and topped with a "cross" of white frosting, they taste like Christmas at Eastertime.

We watched Lawrence of Arabia in the late afternoon and had turkey sandwiches and jello topped with cool-whip for dinner. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Today I fixed ham and eggs and white toast for breakfast and we will have "elevenzies" at Barnes and Nobel--cappucino and scones for them who wants it. I'm desparately trying to hold on to my points and not give in. I had puffed cereal instead of eggs this morning, but I did give in to the hot cross bun yesterday. I'm hoping that good sense will prevail today. I'd hate to gain weight at my weigh-in at Weight Watchers on Tuesday. The leader says that this is a "life-time deal" and that we have to learn how to handle holidays without gaining weight. Yeah, right.

So, we are having fun, and it is a very nice sunny day out there. Spring is here a day early. These are the daffodils that George brought home from the Daffodil Day at MIT on Friday. Nice.

Have a great day.