Friday, February 29, 2008

Grateful for strong car doors

I was in a little accident the other night. It didn't seem little at the time. I just sat there after the impact thanking God that the door held. The inside of the car was not changed. I was safe.

My first thought was, "well, I guess I'm not going to the health club." Later, when I told the nurse at the hospital that I was on my way to the health club when the accident happened, she said, "well, maybe tomorrow." She is right. Maybe tomorrow.

I am grateful that my tomorrows are going to be better than my todays and that today was better than yesterday. One day at a time, things get better, old wounds heal, cars get fixed, and I am planning to work out like hell to get in good shape. The doctor said, "you look very strong". I consider that a big compliment. I don't think anyone has ever said that to me before. I am strong! And as I sat quietly waiting for the ambulance to arrive, I felt strong on the inside too. Things are going to be fine.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger!

Have a great evening.