Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Omie

Today is my mother's 98th birthday. It is amazing to think that my mom is as vibrant and smart as she is and that old! 98 years! I feel old, and she is years and years older than me. She rolls with the punches. She takes life as it comes. She is open-minded and flexible. And she minds her doctors.

I don't know what her secret is. She said today that she went to visit the doctor on Tuesday, and at the end of their visit, she asked him if he thought it would be okay for her to eat an egg every day. He looked at her over the tops of his glasses and laughed. She can eat anything she darn well wants!

Well, that isn't quite true. She watches her diet very carefully and does not each much sugar, and hardly any salt. She does what the doctor says. She monitors her pills, her health, and her food. She exercises as much as she is able to, and she does puzzles, reads hard books and reads the dictionary to "exercise her mind".

I wish I was HALF the woman my mother is. God Bless her. Happy 98th Birthday to the loveliest woman I know. She is my flower and I am her butterfly.

Have a great day!