Monday, November 05, 2007

Fed Ex from Bali

I just placed my first order for sterling silver beads shipped directly from Bali. These will arrive FedEx this week. It is a big step for me to order such beautiful beads directly from their source. In the past I have been the recipient of very generous friends who have shared beads with me, and taught me what I know about them. My friend Connie buys beads from Bali and I have always been amazed at her awesome inventory of beautiful silver. Vonna, who is a wonderful friend and designer, also sent me some beautiful Bali beads when I first started making jewelry and listing it on Ebay, and by having her show me what really GREAT beads are...she singlehandedly brought me up several notches as a jewelry designer. I collected several "Vonna" bracelets, and they are among my treasures! Besides being fun to wear, having her bracelets taught me what really beautiful high quality jewelry is all about.

My shipment from Bali will arrive this week and will include some gorgeous Bali beads, silver wire, pins, chain and spacers. I can't wait to see them. And, because of my generous friends who helped and taught me when I was a little beader...I'm a big girl now!

Thanks, Vonna. Thanks, Connie.

Have a great day!