Friday, May 18, 2007

Weather, Wal-Mart & Gasoline

The weather in Oklahoma this week has been delightful. It is like Eden. It is 70 and sunny and beautiful. No wind. I don't remember ever visiting here and having better weather. I especially appreciate it hearing from George that is dropped to the low 50's with rain the past few days in Boston-town. Maybe the three days of thunderstorms and tornados (!!) earlier in my trip blew away all the bad stuff, but I have been loving this sunny cool weather!

I leave to go home tomorrow morning. I am sad to go because I will miss my mom, but we have succesfully brought her around so she feels well again, and she is already starting to get busy again around her house with her projects. She went to the Dr. today for a visit, and is doing as well as can be expected. She is eating right, sleeping right, and ready to carry on again without me. Today she painted a stool that she uses in the bathroom. She also painted a small planter and two cutting boards. She loves her little projects. She is amazing. I only wish you could all see her!

I will NOT be sorry to leave Wal-Mart behind. I am thoroughly tired of that place and have been driving to Yukon for groceries. It has been worth the trip and gasoline. Gasoline...youza. I paid $43.50 to fill up the tank yesterday. Ouch. Oh well. You gotta go where ya gotta go, and far away from Wal-Mart is where I need to go!

So, we'll see you in Boston! Have a great day.