Monday, April 23, 2007

Is it ok to go to bed at 8:00?

I sometimes like to go to bed really early. Maybe it is the "couch potato" syndrome, but I'd much rather be a bed bug. Working nine or ten hours each day really makes me long for a nice stretch out. I wish I had time to walk a mile or so each day. That is something that would be far better for me, but ... I'll work on it.

George is off to the Pacific hinterlands, and Thunder and I are enjoying a quiet evening at home. Since I find TV dull and unexciting without George here, it is better for us to read a magazine and have a little stretchy-scratchy time on the bed. The fact that I am allergic to cats is not a problem. Thunder and I have been stretching and scratching together for 16 years and I've been allergic to her the whole time! When I lay my hand on the bed, Thunder has a way of turning her head in the palm of my hand so that my finger goes into her ears. She loves to get her ears scratched in this way, but like dancing, she takes the lead. She delicately twists so that my fingers just are in the right place to rub her ears. What a delight.

I noticed that it was 89 degrees outside today. I left my lunch in my car, and the cooler didn't keep things cool, so I had a hot turkey sandwich and luke warm applesauce; not thrilling, to say the least. I really have to find some time to take off work and go buy myself something yummy to eat. Or better yet, take a walk at lunch time. What a novel concept!

I'm jumping all over the place with this blog entry...so I think I'll go back to the bed for more cat scratching.

Have a great night.