Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Hilltop



Friday night Connie and I went to the Hilltop Restaurant for a nice steak dinner. The filet Mignon was delicious, deep and wide and yummy, and the baked potato with butter and sour cream was fresh and tasty and the salad was large, and just the ticket. We had a lot of fun catching up on news and talking about going to the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee this June.

The Hilltop is a Boston landmark, and almost everyone here has a story of waiting in a two block long line to get in. There are lots of rooms, and over the loudspeaker they call your ticket number; "102 for the Kansas City". All the rooms have names of cities known for cattle. There are placemats with cuts of meat illustrations. The people come in droves, but the wait now is not nearly so long as it used to be.

I have always felt like a tourist when I go to the Hilltop, but I am beginning to call it my own. You always know you are going to get a friendly waitress, a really good steak, more food that you need and often some to take home, and the steaks really are delicious.

I'm glad Boston has a good steakhouse that reminds me of Oklahoma!

Have a great day!