Thursday, April 26, 2007

A 12 hour day

I recently worked a 12 hour day, straight through, without a break. Lunch was provided, so I had a very nice egg salad salad and an green apple around 2:00. I learned several things. One, they really can teach old dogs new tricks, and two, I am as good at staying on my feet and staying productive as the next guy. I was tired when I got home, but I survived. I managed to keep my spirits up, and when my energy flagged, my optimism kicked in. After all, 12 hours in a deep dark wet hole would be worse. Think about those men who you call on midnight on Thanksgiving when the power goes out, or the water main breaks. It wasn't as bad as that!

The problem with working long hours is that my creativity suffers. My beading table sits there surrounded with thousands of dollars of beautiful beads, silver and gold, and the powerful OTT lights are turned to off. Nada. Nothing. No jewelry here.

Tonight I get to go home at the regular time, in time for a manicure and a stop at the drug store, and maybe even the time to make a necklace or a bracelet. After a 12 hour day, any day with daylight left at the end of it looks really good!

Have a great day.