Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Milwaukee Bound

On Thursday I leave for Milwaukee to attend the huge Bead and Button show with my friend Vonna. Vonna and I met through Ebay, and have become fast friends. I can't wait to spend a whole long weekend with her. I have only physically met her once, at the airport in Chicago, but we talk at least once a day on the phone and share a lot of online conversations too.

The Bead and Button Show is so large that I am scared! There are hundreds and hundreds of exhibitors and all the fine glass artists and jewelry sellers are there. Many are there this week taking classes and the full marketplace opens on Thursday. I managed to swim through the muddy waters of Massachusetts licensing and got my tax ID and my wholesalers number. That means that at some places, I get all the goods at 50% off. See why I'm scared? I will take pictures and post them here.

Vonna and I will spend all Friday at the show, have a nice dinner or two, and spend some time making jewelry together. I owe her a pair of earrings, and she is going to repair a three strand bracelet for me. We also plan to do a little lampwork bead sharing. I am one of the few people who get to see first-hand how she makes her beautiful art bracelets. I'm so excited.

So, I'm counting the hours, packing and repacking the little suitcase so I don't take too much, and making some cool jewelry to wear when I meet lots of other beaders who love this stuff as much as I do.

I can't wait.