Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nice to be home!

Boy, it is nice to be home! Back to the land of soft beds, Dunkin' Donuts coffee, fresh fish dinners (any dinners at all, in fact, and computer access at my fingertips. I like Oklahoma, and the weather was balmy, but it is nice to be back in the nest of one's own life. Mom is doing well, working hard at therapy, and living where the nurses can monitor her bad heart and her changing blood pressure. She still has fluid retention, which they are watching closely, and she needs round the clock care. I'm happy that she is there, even while I am very unhappy that she is there, if that makes any sense at all.

The high point of my trip was being able to spend time with my mom, and we had a lot of fun. She ran me ragged getting little things that will help her cope with the day. We set her up with writing materials, so she can keep in touch with people, and we got a phone card for her, though it seems unlikely that she will use it. She isn't interested on talking on the phone, for some reason I can't quite figure out. She has a TV and some books, and I got her some $16 magnifying glasses because she doesn't like her new prescription (at probably $500). She has books, and a new subscription to the El Reno paper so she can read the news. She is mentally lively, and capable of making decisions, so that is good. Her balance is very iffy, and standing or walking without her "cadillac" walker is out of the question.

For me, it is back to work this week, and then starting to make some new jewelry to please my customers. Spring is the time for arts and crafts fairs, and my inventory is depleted, so I need to get some new items made. And, I must admit, it is just time to get back to my life, whatever comes. It is nice here in Boston, and I intend to enjoy it!

Have a great day!