Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow Day!

Today is one of those days that you dream about. A snowy day, and both George and I have the day off! We had planned to put the Christmas tree up this morning, but George reminded me that it is in its big box in the storage unit, which is a long snowy drive from here. We think the roads will be plowed by this afternoon and we will be able to do errands and some Christmas shopping.

This morning I made a pair of chandelier earrings before I even had my first cup of coffee. I have a lot of beads waiting, and today seems like a good time to get to it. We also plan to decorate the front porch railings. I bought artificial greens, large sparkly poinsettas and tiny red lights. The Christmas Tree will be in our southern tree again this year, which is covered with huge flowers and bows. I can't wait to get started!

God is good. Today is truly a blessed day, full of decorating, jewelry making, and cookie baking. What could be nicer.

Have a great day.