Saturday, December 10, 2005

Christmas Preparation Day

George and I went shopping this morning, and by 9:00 we were in the store with our list. We managed to get most of what we needed in three separate stores and had time to stop for hot chocolate, coffee and scones at Barnes & Nobel while we shopped there. We had a good time. I usually don't have problems with Christmas shopping. Maybe it is because I go with an idea of what I want for each person, but I'm open to suggestions. If the store puts out something that I like,...then why quibble. I buy what I see rather than shop for hours for something that I can't find. I think people on our list will like our presents, and we had fun doing it.

Afterwards, we made a trip to the storage unit to get our big Christmas tree. It is artificial, and suits us fine. I spent the afternoon putting on ornaments, and adding my special "southern" touch of silk and flocked poinsettias, roses and hydrangeas. I add the big maroon and gold bows, and...voila...a very pretty tree! I came up with this idea two years ago when we visited New Orleans and Mississippi, and saw the trees there that were decorated with flowers instead of tinsel. I loved it then, and came up with our own version. At a hotel in New Orleans, they had a white flocked tree decorated with huge navy blue bows and gold ornaments. It was a knockout.

Tomorrow we will decorate the porch, put up the new candy cane lights on the lawn, and make a batch of cookies.

Whew.

Have a good day.