Friday, October 26, 2007

@$$ over Teakettle

Today I had a wipe-out at work. I was packing up a box to send it out UPS and I ran out of tape. I was working at the desk in the reception area. I turned to go to the mailroom for more tape and forgot that the big red mail cart was behind me. I fell forward and went sailing right over the cart and landed splayed out like an upside down snow angel.

I skinned my hand. I laid there for a few minutes trying to figure out whether to be mortally embarrassed or just to lay there and take stock of whether my arm was broken. I was too hurt to be embarrassed, and as I struggled to my feet, I just wanted to feel better!

I went to the bathroom and washed off the bloody skinned part on my hand, and took stock of the situation. I was sent home soon after. George came by and got me and we went to the employee health clinic, where they gave me a tetanus shot and wrapped up my sore hand. Tylenol and Advil will take care of the rest of it. I feel a little like this tea pot. Battered up but still useful.

Have a great weekend. Go Sox.