Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Aloha George!



George left for Hawaii yesterday. He had a layover in San Francisco and arrives in Honolulu today about 7 p.m. A few weeks ago, we thought it might be possible for me to accompany him on this trip, but there is too much going on here at home for me, and I couldn't take the week off. It isn't really a vacation for him, since he has to work four days...and if I were there, I'd be doing touristy things by myself some of the time, which would not be as much fun. He comes back on Friday, so it is a short trip for such a long plane ride. I am consoled with the thought that we might be able to go some other time, within a year, and that we could stay longer and enjoy it more.

Last night I consoled myself by watching two episodes of Kathy Griffin "My Life on the D List" which is my new favorite TV Show. She is an intelligent comedienne and she is off-the-cuff funny.

Then I went shopping. When the going gets tough...the tough go shopping.

Have a great day.