Thursday, March 01, 2007

23 Vegetable Soup

The soup supper last night was a big success. Sixteen people came and there wasn't a scrap of soup left. George had two small bowls and I had one. Everyone ate as if there was no tomorrow. I was sure that we would have leftovers, but nary a drop left. I have enough veggies to make another version for George and I, so I'll make it again just for us.

I watched the Academy Awards the other night all the way through, for the first time ever. I was still knitting at midnight. My hands hurt the next day. But I got to see all the interesting edited clips they showed and made my own list of movies that I just have to see!

Here is my movie list: Tsosi, After the Wedding, Days of Glory, Pan Labyrinth, Water, and Babel.

I also have to see the new movie just out Number 23, because it was Bob Shea's and Bob Wilson's interest in this numerology craziness in the first place that made this movie possible 35 years later. Sometimes it takes awhile for a good idea to catch on. Bob wrote about it, talked about it and laughed about it, and it was picked up and they even gave the authors of Illuminatis! credit in the New York Times last week. Good for them. We were always amazed how often 23 came up in news stories. We have been talking about that for 35 years and now it was made into a movie. The movie may not be any good, but all those years of laughing along with conspiracy theories and 23isms has certainly been worth the trip!

Have a great day!