Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pet Food

This pet food scare has really been scary! George and I were careful to look at all food we had bought and I am throwing out any food that is not what we have always used. I recently decided to give kitty a new taste treat, and bought two small cans of another kind, and I'm not using it. We feed kitty a quarter can of Friskies every day, and she gets Science dry food. The canned food is just for a treat, and also because I heard that wet food is good for them because it has a lot of water and some good nutrients.

Pets are so important. I guess pets are almost as important as people, when it comes right down to it, and I'm sure some folks love their pets more than their people. I feel so badly for those who have lost pets. Finding out yesterday that it was caused by a change in suppliers, and that rat poison is the ingredient that has caused the deaths just irks ms. Companies change suppliers to save money, and now look. Wouldn't you think they would have a chemical analysis done before they put the ingredients together?

Thunder woke me up tonight. She was low on food and her water had almost run out. She lets us know. Older cats seems to need a lot more water than younger ones. I'm happy to hear her meowing, and padding around on little cat feet on the covers at night. She is family.

God bless all those people who lost their pets. It shouldn't have happened!