Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Out of the woodwork...

comes a lot more than bugs! Since writing this blog, I have been reconnected to a lot of really good old friends who I had lost touch with. The latest was an email I received this morning from someone I have not talked to in well over thirty years. It is incredible how much the web has changed our lives. And it is incredible that our memories of friends in our past do not go dim, but stay brightly lit in our minds.

Blogging is just something that I love to do. It is like journaling for the public. A strange concept, but one that works for me. And what works for us is what it is all about. I am fascinated by the diversity of the world, and the fact that as individuals we all find something that we love.

Visiting with my classmates at my highschool reunion, almost everyone talked mainly of their grandchildren. They were content talking about their grandchildren, and almost no one wanted to talk about where they had been, what they had done, how much money they had made (and spent) or anything like that. They just wanted to talk about their families, their current vacation plans, and what was happening to them right now. I found that incredibly interesting. Some had gotten rich, some had stayed the same (not rich), and some had health problems, a lot had gained weight, but we all stood on those steps of the highschool like we had been there all our lives...which luckily, we hadn't.

Meeting up with old friends over the internet is a complete joy for me. I have found that we don't have to say much to catch up, and we are right back where we started.
Just say yes to blogs!