Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter at our house

It was a busy Easter season for us, and it always is around this time of year. Wednesday night was bell choir practice, Thursday we took the night off, Friday we went to Good Friday services, Saturday we baked five bundt cakes and a big batch of chocolate chip cookies and then went to the Easter Vigil service and stayed through the reception until 10 p.m, then came home and frosted five cakes, went to bed and set the alarm for 6, got up and dressed for Easter sunday, carried cakes to the car, made coffee for 100 people, served TWO coffee receptions after two church services and I played in the bell choir. Whew. We got home today at 1:00 p.m., dog tired, and both of us took a nap. Then we had a lovely ham dinner and went for a ride to Gloucester to see the quiet harbor and the lighthouses and have an ice cream. Now it is time for bed again.

Luckily, tomorrow I have the day off. It is one of my favorite days off--Patriot's Day and the day of the running of the Boston Marathon. I like it because it is a day off that I never had before I moved to Massachusetts, and this year it is a good day to have off to recover from Easter!

I'm adding some "not so good" pictures here of cakes and an exhausted baker---me.

Have a great evening and hope you enjoyed Easter as much as we did!