Thursday, February 10, 2005

This and That

George and I went to church last night. I practiced with the bell choir and he worked in the church office. As Financial Secretary, he has a lot to do each week. Then we went to the service afterwards and were the ushers. It is a good place for me to be and I enjoyed being there with my friends and people I trust. I said a special prayer for my mom, who is still not well and is going to the doctor again today.

George and I are planning to go visit Michael next weekend, flying Southwest out of Manchester, NH. We just decided to go yesterday. I'm going to take the smallest bag imaginable...my little red wheel-on suitcase. I have noticed that I even pack heavy when I go to work, taking almost everything I think I might need during a day. I envy the women who carry tiny bags to work. I really need to make some changes with the stuff I haul around. I'll work on it.

According to the latest, a natural pesticide called falcarinol produced by carrots to protect the root vegetable from fungal diseases may be a potent cancer fighter, reducing malignancies in rats by a third. Everyone knows fruits and vegetables are important in our diet, but making sure we get enough fresh veggies isn't easy. I try to cook them every night for dinner, but getting them into the lunch menu is much harder. I brought a banana and an orange to work today, but didn't have time to cook up a bunch of broccoli or fresh carrots this morning!

The snow we were expecting in Boston today is not going to happen. It is rainy and cold and grey instead. Maybe a little sleet tonight, but nothing to write home about.

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to eat your carrots.