Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The unthinkable has happened!

I have run out of the main color of yarn for Michael's afghan. I thought I had another skein left, but when I went to the box I had lots of every other color, but not this one. The yarn I need is the yarn I was intending to use to weave the squares together. I went to one store last night and George went to another. We have two more places to try today. It isn't a rare yarn, Wool-Ease, but it is a varigated blue and neither had it. My head is full of ways to counteract this problem. I have 26 squares completely finished, 3 that need this color around the edge, and I will need 30 to complete the afghan. The afghan in the picture is 35 squares, but it is almost too big. I can make the corners of the afghan in a color with a little different edge on it, and then bind the whole afghan in a darker blue that is used in the design. Or, I could make the edge with the brighest color, the coral, and make it a brigher afghan. Hum. Now, that's an interesting idea.

In the meantime, the Christmas rush has settled right in. Working forty hours a week and Christmas don't seem to mesh. This weekend is Christmas cookie weekend and I'm getting the recipes ready. The cookie cutters are already on the counter.

My last church council meeting was last night. I have been on the council for six years, and it is my time to move off and let someone else take my place. Right now it feels good to have another evening to myself each month. Late meetings in the evening, and having to be at work in the morning don't work for me well anymore. I need my knitting and EQ time!

Off to work. Have a good "pre-Christmas" day.