Monday, December 13, 2004

On to the next thing

It is good to have the house back to ourselves again. No more parties this season. Mother has asked me to make a white eyelash scarf for one of her friends and I just started it last night. I told her I still had to finish Michael's afghan before Christmas, and she said, "hurry and do the scarf first". She also asked me to finish a hat that she started and is having trouble with. I have enough projects to do that I need to stay home from work and just knit and crochet! Unfortunately, for many of us, Christmas is here and we still have to go to work too!

The afghan squares are almost all finished and then I just have to weave it all together. Weaving takes a lot of patience. Mom said it is tedious, and I guess it is. First I have to weave the squares together and then weave it into strips. I will carry a bag of squares with me wherever I go for the next week and work on it as I can. My evenings this week are taken up already with a meeting at work tonight, church council on Tuesday and bells on Wednesday. It is a good thing I have another weekend before Christmas. I'm going to have to get up early some mornings and work on my projects before the birdies wake up. I still have presents to wrap, our tree to put up and decorate and more presents to buy.... uh oh.

Time to go to work. Have a great day.