Monday, December 27, 2004

Feet of Snow

We woke up this morning to ten inches of powdery snow and the announcement by George that he remembered during the night he has no gasoline for the snow blower. My phone charge is dead, and I need to call David to see what time his appointment is at the hospital. Of course, I don't have his phone number anywhere but on that phone, so I have to wait for it to charge up a bit. Electronics are so useless sometimes, and I still haven't found my red phone book since the party. Oy.

Few people will go to work today here in Boston, but I will be one of the few. I'm sure things will work out just fine. Somehow. The snowplows worked all night and I was thinking of all those private snowplowers with pick up trucks and attached plows who love snowstorms because they can make so much money in so little time. Just in time to fill the bank account again after Christmas. This year, after being at my organization for 12 years, I got an indoor parking place at my office. That makes things a whole lot easier in snowstorms.

So, we are off to shovel our way out. I'm sure I'll get to work sometime today.

Peace