Monday, December 27, 2004

Dinner on the fly

Today I found out that George's son and his wife, and his daughter and her boyfriend who are visiting from California are coming for dinner at 6. I had little time today to prepare since I was working. George had the day off, lucky dog. I stopped at a local Italian Deli, named Bob's in Medford. They have everything, and I bought most of it. Three kinds of bread, provolone, roast beef, baked ham, salami, other salami (those Italians know the names but I do not), Italian garlic crackers, an Italian fruit bread, calamari salad, potato salad, olive salad and honey mustard. The table is set and we are ready to begin yet another Christmas celebration.

The cookies and nuts are brought out one more time. It is nice to have so much ready to serve. I worked today, so all this was done in a matter of 30 minutes or so prep time. I feel like Rachel Ray.

I hope everyone has a good time. I'm pooped.

More tomorrow.