Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A day to relax and enjoy normal

The parties are over and it is time to relax and work on the afghan. I am working on a scarf, but I have finally reached the end of the "scarf addiction", and think this is the last one. My mother had relatives visiting at Christmas who helped her unpack her Christmas gifts and the white scarf I made has disappeared. We are not sure what happened. One thought is that George may have put it in a small garbage bag to protect it in the top of the box and someone who unpacked the box just threw it away with the wrappings. Like I said, "one crisis after another." I am not upset. It is only a scarf, and living alone at 95 like my mom does, and having to rely on other people to help her do things, I'm not surprised that things get misplaced. Christmas was a stressful time for her, with three small children visiting, and running around. It is good for her to have the company, but it takes a lot out of her physically and requires many days of rest afterwards.

I could use a few days of rest myself right now, but I am working and not taking any vacation days this week. I'm saving those days to go to someplace warm in the sun this winter, destination unknown.

Enjoy the day.