Thursday, October 09, 2014

I just returned from Milwaukee where we traveled so I could attend the PMC Certification Class - Level One - taught by Irina Miech at Eclectica Bead Studio in Brookfield, Wisconsin.  It was an amazing experience.  This is the picture of the pieces we made -- not my actual pieces -- but I don't have pictures of those yet.  We all had to complete these 9 projects to graduate.

There were nine of us in the class, and we made nine pieces in 2 days of class on Friday and Saturday, October 3 & 4h.  I have to admit, I was very nervous when we started.  I arrived with my backpack of water, and some clay tools that Irina had said I could bring, and we all dove into our projects with Irina's help and patient instruction.  The clay and tools were included and she already had everything we would need to complete our pieces.  I met some really nice people -- and we all worked very hard to get our pieces exactly right.  It was not easy!  We motored on, and I was able to leave at the end of the class with all my pieces finished, fired in the kiln and packed away in my jewelry case.  There is some work with patina on a few of my pieces so I will take pictures later.

My world right now is all about metal clay, and since I already purchased a beautiful Paragon Caldara Kiln a few years ago, I am ready to get good at this!  Something about retirement -- it frees you to do each day what you REALLY want to do.

Have a great day!