Monday, January 19, 2009

Good sewing weather

Yesterday George and I set up my new sewing machine which he bought for me for Christmas. It is awesome. So simple, and much easier to use than my old Singer, and a plethora of stitches to choose from. I sewed one practice seam, and within minutes was already experimenting with the fancy stitches. I had bought some fabric for curtains for the bathroom, and whipped these up, as well as a pink kitty fleece blanket for George's granddaughter. Today we will take my Joanne fabric coupons to get a cutting board for the table. Measuring on the floor was ridiculous and hard to do. I had a great time making stuff, and although I haven't sewn anything in over 20 years, I fell back into the routine easily. The old machines may be heavy and trusty, but the new machines are light and smart. Fun.