Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tendonitis and Doggie Graduation

I went to the doctor to find out what the prognosis is for someone who's ring finger gets stuck in the downturned position. This just started happening about three weeks ago, and I must admit, the first time my finger "stuck" I was terrified! I called the doctor and went in to see the hand surgeon. I was so afraid that he was going to stay, "Stop typing, stop making jewelry, stop knitting,": my life would be OVER!

He was very kind and said nothing of the sort. It is a common ailment for football players. He gave me a splint to wear for eight days, and said to ice the hand three times a day for 30 minutes, no less. He said anything less than 20 minutes and it will do no good at all and only serve to make my hand cold.

There were other things said about shots and surgery, but he doesn't think it will come to that. I wear the splint all the time and manage to type fast with it on, and I am icing on my way to work, and every evening and night. I have my ice bag at work but have not managed to get enough time together to make that happen.

He said that although I have signs of arthritis, there is NO NEED to curtail anything that I do that uses my hands. And boy, do I use my hands! Come on, let's go knit something!

Oh...doggie graduation was Sunday! Is this the cutest picture of Jebu ever? He looks so handsome in his graduation cap from obedience school. Who knew?

Have a great day!