Saturday, August 18, 2007

But it's on sale!

George and I went to Lowe's last night to buy a new mailbox. The painters finished painting the house. As an added bonus, the contractor painted the old shutters that were in the garage and was able to put them up on the house. These are real shutters, with hinges, and they are green with a cut out of a pine tree at the top. They are 85 years old or more, and they are charming and wonderful. We are both thrilled to have the house looking so nice again. The painters trampled some of the plantings we had outside and raked over our snapdragons, but we will plant more next year, and it seems a low price to pay for such a job well done.

We were not successful at finding the mailbox we wanted, but I found a sale table with beautiful Waverly lamps in different styles and these charming flowered shades on sale. And the prices! The lamp base was marked down to $5.00 and the shade was $3.00. George had wandered off to the hardware department and when I found him I had two lamps and shades in the cart. He was surprised and a little confused about how we would use them. It didn't take me long to make a plan. My problem was that I wanted to buy another one, and I was pretty sure George was going to balk at the checkout, so I limited myself to two.

But I can't help myself. Today, I'm going back to Lowe's to get one more lamp. They are just too pretty and high quality to leave sitting there! I may not actually need them...but at that price they are irresistible.

Anyone need a lamp?

Have a great day!