Saturday, June 02, 2007

I think I need a system -- again

Michael and I talked a lot at Christmastime about a book that he liked, Getting Things Done by David Allen. Michael is very interested in this organizational mindset, and it was a lot of fun to talk with him last Christmas, and a lot of fun putting the system into a notebook and using it--for about a month.

At the time I was starting a new job and I thought that the lists made a lot of sense. After a few months, I dropped the idea, and my book now lies unused on the backseat of my car. (One of the things on my list should be to clean out the things from the backseat of my car.)

Today I am going to go get my notebook and start using the Getting Things Done system. It is a great way to list everything you have to do in categories, and then check things off. It seems that little things are getting dropped, and this may be my answer. My stuff to do system has now percolated up to the top of my stuff to do.

If you haven't read the book or don't know the system, I would recommend it. I bought the book at Barnes and Nobel. Here is a few things from the list of things for me this week.

pack for Milwaukee Bead and Button Show
find tote bag big enough for craft light I need to take
mail chickens
mail sailboat
call car dealer to replace broken aerial
water plants
buy plant for yellow pot on the deck
buy craft for Sunday school tomorrow
make cupcakes for last day of Sunday school
update blog

Oh, I already did that. One to cross off the list.

Have a great day!