Saturday, December 30, 2006

Learning new things and ready for a new year

The new edition of blogger is out on January 1 and I am going to have to learn a new way to blog. Always something. Sometimes it seems to me that just when you learn how to do something, everything changes and you have to learn something again. I guess learning new things is always good.

We had a wonderful Christmas with Mike and Michelle. Four days of fun, with lunch out with my brother and his family, and Christmas dinner with Michelle's parents and brother's family. It was all fun. I got so many wonderful Christmas presents I can't even remember them all, but a high point was the new organizing system that Michael bought for me and taught me how to use. With a new job, it is a great thing to have.

George and I meant to leave their house at six in the morning the day after Christmas. We set the alarm on the television set in the guest room, because we didn't have a clock alarm. I fell asleep late, and...when the tv came on, it was on a channel that wasn't broadcasting, and George and I snoozed away to the soft light of the tv set. We woke up at 6. In a half hour we had packed up the car and were on the beltway on our way home. We drove through Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, and only stopped for necessary breaks and a Starbucks or two. We drove into our driveway at 4:00 in the afternoon. It was a great trip, no snow or ice, all nice weather, and everything went great. I was in bed early that night in honor of the start of my new job the next morning.

Christmas was great. New Year's Day is almost here. 2006 was a wonderful year, which saw a lot of improvements and changes and blessings.

I could not ask for more.

Have a great day.