Tuesday, October 26, 2004

yin/yang

On one side I am very happy to be feeling better, and on the flip side, I am upset that I have been coughing so long and have had so many nights when I woke up coughing every 30 minutes or so. A recent call to the doctor finally resulted in the nurse saying "we will have something for you at the druggist." Whatever it is, I will take it, but it would have been nice if she had been a little more specific, and it would have been even nice to get it four days ago when I was really sick in bed. So, people in my office are evading me, and I'm careful not to touch any one else's food. How George is going to keep from getting this I do not know. He has been a real prince in trying to take care of me and very patient with his sick little buddy.

Today we got word that a great Everquest friend, Stonehewer, is leaving our Healers United guild and going to the Lotus Cult raiding guild that is only for the top level of players. I congratulate him on this honor. We will miss him of course, but on the flip side, it is good to have folks that are doing what they want to do, and not doing something because they HAVE to. Everquest is a hobby, it is voluntary, and it should be fun. For me? Knitting, EQ, Knitting, EQ....

It is hard to be at work without much sleep, but it is good to be at work rather than home sick because life is more interesting when I have lots to do and people to talk to. And the lunches are better.

Red Sox fever will hit our household again tonight when they play the St. Louis Cardinals. They say that Curt Schilling has given red sock a whole new meaning. I thought this article was interesting, these sportscasters are so caustic sometimes to make themselves heard, and of course on the flip side, I am still a Curt Schilling fan no matter what he says. I am going to wear my shirt and hat and cheer them on tonight as long as I can stand it.

This and that, back and forth, flip and flop, yin and yang. There are two sides to everything, and lots of choices out there. Backwards and forwards, it is what makes the world go round and what goes around comes around, we all know that. May the circle be unbroken. Cheers all. Go Red Sox.